Are you looking for a family run, friendly, flexible nursery?
Do you believe like us it’s important to have strong links between home and nursery, where we work together for smoother transitions between the two?
We endeavour to meet your needs
- Stacks of Fun
- Wide range of activities that encourage learning through Play
- Under 3’s unit and separate Foundation Unit
- Offering part time, full time and flexible childcare
- Open 52 weeks a year 7:30 am – 6 pm. Closed bank holidays
- Free Nursery Education Entitlement for 2, 3 and 4 year olds (15 hours per week over 38 weeks or 12 hours over 48 weeks)
- Highly qualified practitioners including an Early Years Teacher
- Competitive fees
- Home cooked meals
- We also provide a limited number of Term Time Only places
- Swimming lessons
- French Club
- Pyjama Drama sessions
- Outings to local parks, Library, Bird Sanctuary, Mini Minsters
Why we are different from the rest
- Home from home environment
- Unlimited settling sessions
- We specialse in happy children and happy parents
- Specialised under 3’s area
- Separate Foundation Unit
- Muddy explorers sessions
- Our facilities are warm bright and secure – the perfect place for all discerning parents to leave their cherished children
- Tiny Talk baby signing. Wednesday 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm, £5 p/w
- FREE Stay and Play sessions for under 3’s. Friday 10 am – 11 am
- Pre-School taster sessions Thusday 2-3pm
Meals and Food
At Children’s house we offer Healthy eating using a variety of ingredients some of which are home grown in our very own onsite allotment. It is important that as well as offering healthy nutritious meals that we also nurture children’s understanding and learning in this subject.
We are very lucky to have an experienced cook Denise who prepare nutritiously healthy meals which include breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, and high tea. Water and a well-stocked fruit bowl are available at all times.
Menus have been carefully planned with consideration made for each child’s individual dietary needs and we cater for food allergies /intolerance as necessary.
We have a four week rotating menu which is changed regularly to include seasonal produce and variation and to keep our younger generation’s taste buds active and open to new tastes and textures.
Mealtimes are a social occasion and an opportunity for children and staff to interact within our family environment.
Children are encouraged to try new foods and widen their knowledge and tastes. Older children are given the opportunity to select and serve their own food and water, as well as use skills to set the table. We always have helping hands to help set up and clear away encouraging many areas of learning including independence and getting children school ready.
Babies home feeding routines are continued in the nursery and we work alongside parents to introduce a successful weaning programme.